YASSER SAEED AL MAZROUI
CHAIRMAN ADRAC 2015
It is my great pleasure to welcome and invite you to the 4th ADRAC Conference & Exhibition to be hosted in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from May 24-26, 2015.
This is an exciting time to be in the energy industry in which innovation and technology are key factors to ensure safe passage through the 21st century. The technological advances and the significant investments made globally in R&D are already evident: from the CO2 injection projects in UAE, the Middle East’s successful EOR initiatives in Oman and heavy oil field pilot developments in Kuwait to the world’s biggest solar photovoltaic facility in Texas A&M by the United States.
ADRAC is all about R&D – bringing new ideas and innovation with the aim of future deployments. In the 2015 edition, our newly designed plenary and technical sessions will promote an excellent opportunity to interconnect and exchange knowledge, from fundamental Research to Development that can be readily-tested in an operational environment.
While energy R&D initiatives are already underway across the GCC, ADRAC will strive to be the key comprehensive international R&D conference for the energy industry by creating a platform for the best researchers and practitioners in the Middle East and from around the world. Following the success of three previous conferences, ADRAC 2015 will offer an intimate and vibrant atmosphere in which delegates hear cutting-edge developments in the field and discuss how they resolve concerns common to our interests.
I very much look forward to seeing you in Abu Dhabi in May!
ADRAC AIMS TO BE THE R&D HUB FOR THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
ADRAC is the first dedicated International Research & Development Conference and Exhibition in the Middle East for the Oil & Gas sector.
Held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from May 24th – 26th 2015, the event will gather the foremost minds on energy R&D from Academia and Industry with a scope of facilitating knowledge exchange and collaboration to identify new turnkey solutions for the region’s Oil & Gas industry’s challenges & particularly the UAE.
Hosted by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), the 4th ADRAC will gather over 100 academic and research institutions and over 1600 delegates over the three-day period. Professors, students and industry experts will meet to plant the seeds for new research proposals and to exchange the findings of ongoing research.
ADRAC INTERCONNECTS PROFESSORS, GRADUATES AND UNDERGRADUATES, RESEARCH CENTERS AND INDUSTRY EXPERTS TO SHARE THEIR LATEST R&D ACHIEVEMENTS AND FINDINGS
Who Should Attend?
- Universities Faculty, Researchers & Students
- Industry Experts from National & International Oil Companies and Service Providers
- R&D Specialists and Research Institutes
ADRAC 2015 is proudly supported by:
A UNIQUE & PIONEER R&D FOCUSED PROGRAM
ADRAC is a three-day programme that focuses on the latest R&D findings, strategies and initiatives in the Energy world. Consisting of plenary sessions delivered by world renowned and inspiring leaders and aiming to improve the quality of the technical session presentations following a rigorous selection of extended abstracts, ADRAC will be THE place for knowledge exchange and the driving force behind future R&D initiatives in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Opening ceremony & key note address by global leaders in R&D & innovation.
- Award ceremony to recognize major contributors to R&D advancements in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Chief Technology Officers (CTO) summit bringing an experts debate from academia and industry.
- Plenary sessions on strategic topics delivered by invited subject matter experts.
- Technical sessions covering 8 Surface and Subsurface main programs:
———-– Advanced Geophysical Technologies in Carbonates (AGTC)
———-– Enhanced Oil and Gas Recovery (EOGR)
———-– Flow Assurance (FA)
———-– Reservoir Characterization & Modeling (RCM)
———-– Well Drilling and Completion (WDC)
———-– Gas Processing (GP)
———-– Energy Efficiency and Environment (EEE)
———-– Facilities Integrity (FInt)
*As of February
May 24, 2015
08:30 – 09:00 | Breakfast Networking
09:00 – 12:00 | Opening & Award Ceremony
12:00 – 13:30 | Lunch Break
13:30 – 14:30 | Plenary Session I
14:30 – 16:30 | Parallel Technical Sessions
May 25, 2015
08:30 – 09:00 | Breakfast Networking
09:00 – 11:00 | CTO Summit
11:00 – 11:30 | Coffee Break
11:30 – 13:30 | Parallel Technical Sessions
13:30 – 15:00 | Lunch
15:00 – 17:00 | Parallel Technical Sessions
May 26, 2015
08:00 – 08:30 | Breakfast Networking
08:30 – 10:30 | Parallel Technical Sessions
10:30 – 11:00 | Coffee Break
11:00 – 12:00 | Plenary Session II
12:00 – 13:00 | Plenary Session III
13:00 – 14:30 | Lunch Break
14:30 – 16:30 | Parallel Technical Sessions
MEET THE CHALLENGES OF TOMORROW
ADRAC represents an important platform for researchers and industry experts worldwide to come together to identify new solutions to the Oil and Gas industry challenges though knowledge exchange and active collaboration.
There are more than 60 challenges that ADRAC aims to address by creating a unique platform where work-in-progress research and new ideas can find their way to future deployment or trial in real-field applications.
Surface and Subsurface challenges are prioritised and listed under the following R&D categories:
Energy Efficiency & Environment
- Utilise treated produced water instead of deep injection
- Create value from waste disposal (degraded solvents, spent adsorbents and catalysts, electronic waste)
- Break Oil-water emulsions in phase separators
- Reduce flaring by improved measurement, management, separation and use
- Energy efficiency improvement (generation, process optimisation, effective heat exchanging, renewable)
- Mitigate the effect of sand in atmosphere on the performance of equipment such as aerial coolers
- Inspection of low pressure pipelines for line integrity
- Integrity of internal refractory especially for the Sulphur Recovery Unit (SRU)
- Horizontal flare Initegrity (burn pit) design and material
- Management of marine growth for water intake applications
- Increased use of non-metallic materials such as composites in water and hydrocarbon service
- Thermally applied metallic testing for different purposes
- Improved integrity of sleeves CRA for piping and pipelines
- Long Range Ultrasonic Technology
- Inspection of finned furance tube technology
- Understanding of black powder
Gas Processing & Sweetening
- Facilitate economical production of highly sour and marginal offshore fields by technology development
- Bring highly sour gas streams to the condition of conventional streams so that they can be treated in existing plants
- Find usage for oxygen stream from Elixier as an alternative to suspended nitrogen
Economic ways to capture CO2 for EOR purposes
- Optimisation of sulfur handling from the production as liquid until shipment of sulfur
- Identification of new market sink points for sulfur
- Create additional value from NGL fractionation (e.g. butanes to i-butane and n-butane)
- Improve measurement and control of contaminants in feed gas, products and solvents
- Improve monitoring and control of foaming and degradation in amine units
- Improvement of lifetime of catalyst and sorbents
Enhanced Oil & Gas Recovery
- Smart Water in carbonate, flooding process (Experimenting, understanding, modeling and implementation)
- Chemical EOR in Carbonate for HT & High Salinity formation water
- Reservoir monitoring technology including bypassed oil
- Remaining Oil Saturation Quantification
- Enhance the productivity of Tight Carbonate Formation.
- Improve vertical sweep efficiency for optimum displacement process and oil recovery (includes identification of effective water and gas diversion agents)
- Low resistivity and transition zone potential development in EOR
- Asphaltene deposition modeling in reservoir including simulation of corefloods
- Sour Gas Injection for EOR & EGR:
Reservoir Characterization & Modelling
- Comprehensive Digital Rock Physics based rock, 3D Pore Network, Upscaling, Perophysical Properties and Pc/kr Scanning Curves
- Kr & Pc calibration in transition zone in Carbonate.
- Identification and Modelling of Diagenesis
- Effective media solutions to acoustic, nmr, EM and Capilliarity for dual porosity (microporous) reservoir rocks
- Sedimentology Modelling to better distribute facies and Rock Types, relations and Genetic modeling
- Integrated basin modeling, organic & inorganic geochemistry & diagenesis project
- Modeling Diagenesis within deposional model for Carbonate Reservoir
- Fracture – matrix interaction
- Modelling of well completions by fracturing on ultimate recovery of tight carbonate reservoirs based on geo-mechanics
- Self consistent upscaling algorithms for reservoir static and dynamic property assignment and propagation.
- 3 phase Relative Permeability characterization with hysteresis
- Gas/ Light Oil Descrimination using Logs.
Advanced Geophysical Technologies in Carbonate
- Fluid monitoring , saturation change responses on seismic and resistivity, detectability and reliability
- Development of Multiple and acquisition Footprint attenuation Algorithm For Abu Dhabi Carbonate Reservoirs
- Tarmat detectionusing 3D 4C and mapping Process
- Deblending code for OBC Simultamous Seismic Data Acquisition
- Conditions for scale deposition in completions equipped with ICDs
- Impact of Asphaltene and scale precipitation under WAG conditions on tubular and facilities performance
- Real time scale monitoring to Evaluate and minimize scaling risk
- Quantification of scale envelopes
- Inorganic scale and asphaltene inhibition chemicals and delivery method
- Material selection/coating to prevent scale/asphaltene from sticking to surfaces
- Smart Mud
- Identify high lubricity non damaging drilling fluids for the reservoir interval while minimizing invasion
Well Drilling & Completion
- Cementing 4½ liners in deviated wells
- Monitoring the non-accessible strings (production Zones and Leaking Zones)
- Cementing for Gas Migration Control.
- Building Wellbore integrity in natural fracturated carbonates in the reservoir zone (drilling without losses)
- Control of gas & water production in non-accessable strings (Smart Shutoff)
- Nano Technology – Stimulation
- Build integrity In vugular fractured carbonates to ensure good cement jobs in the surface hole
- Identify effective alternatives for swellable packers in MRC applications
- Identify high lubricity drilling fluids for the reservoir interval while minimizing invasion & formation damage
- Non-Damaging Oil Based Mud: Vegetable Oil Based Non-Aqueous Fluid (NAF)
LEARN FROM THE LATEST FINDINGS ON ENERGY R&D
THE CALL FOR ABSTRACTS IS NOW CLOSED
ADRAC 2015 Technical Program Committee (TPC) would like to extend its appreciation to all professors, scientists, researchers and students who have submitted their abstracts.
The TPC which comprises of over 100 experts are currently reviewing and ranking the submissions to select the best papers to be presented at ADRAC 2015.
An overwhelming number of quality abstracts have been received from 23 countries worldwide:
Notification of Acceptance to Authors – 27 March 2015
Submission of Manuscripts, Posters or R&D Proposal – 21 April 2015
ADRAC 2015 – 24 to 26 May 2015
Research Proposal Submission
ADRAC acts as a window of opportunity to Authors to present their Research Proposals to be considered as a potential R&D Project for the ADNOC Group of companies.
Submission of a R&D Proposal will not be presented in ADRAC conference and Technical Sessions.
It will be treated as a potential research proposal which will be reviewed and evaluated by the ADNOC R&D Technical Committees as a separated process.
WHERE ENERGY R&D STAKEHOLDERS CONNECT
ADRAC 2015 EXHIBITION INTERCONNECTS LEADING ACADEMIA AND INDUSTRY ORGANIZATIONS TO FOSTER R&D COLLABORATIONS IN THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR.
The ADRAC 2015 exhibition brings together universities, research centers, national and international oil companies & service providers all under one roof as the only dedicated R&D event for the oil and gas industry.
The Universities Hub will be a key feature of ADRAC and will provide international research institutions and universities with a unique platform for showcasing their current R&D programs and projects.
The University Hub aims at stimulating international collaboration between research organizations and leading industry and governmental corporations as a catalyst to turn R&D projects into commercially viable business plans.
Space in the University Hub it is offered free of charge to research institutions and universities that focus on R&D programs for the Oil & Gas industry.
BE AT THE FOREFRONT OF INNOVATION
ADRAC 2015 is proudly supported by:
By becoming a sponsor of ADRAC you will be showcasing to research centres, universities and global decision-makers how your company is an active contributor of energy related R&D initiatives.
ADRAC is the perfect platform to enhance your corporate image by demonstrating your CSR-driven R&D investments for the sustainable advancements of the Oil and Gas industry.
A variety of packages are available to ensure all ADRAC sponsors receive prominent visibility, connect with the right audience and achieve maximum ROI.